English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Story Behind "Your Hands"

At the time when I wrote "Your Hands" (with the help of my husband and our friend Katie Herzig) I was in the middle of one of the most difficult times of my life. I had been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks for a few years, but I was at a point where I was either panicking, or wondering when my next attack would come.

I prayed that God would immediately remove all of my symptoms, but He chose not to answer my prayer that way. Instead, He reminded me that I have no reason to be afraid. The same hands that created the universe are holding me and leading me where I need to go.

This is a very personal song, but I've been overwhelmed by the amount of people who have connected to "Your Hands" and have been encouraged by it.

Peace.
*jj


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails